Shouldn't 60p be slow motion?

rda

I tried to shoot 60p 4k on my Sony A7RV today and the footage looks like regular motion when I open it in quicktime.

I have shot 120p on my A7R3 before and it was slow in quicktime, so not sure why this isn't.

(I can't remember, but was one able to shoot slow motion in 4k on the A7RIII?)

Would be nice if I could do 120p on the A7RV because in my test in 120p HD, the quality looked bad.

Is that normal?

Thanks!

R

p.s. is a v30 card sufficient to shoot 60p? So far it worked, but not sure if a v60 or higher is recommended.

Edited by rda

It is slow motion, you just need to translate the footage before importing it or slow it down manually inside the timeline.

Each editing software has a different way of handling footage, but most of the times you need to slow it down manually, or convert it to you timeline frame rate (for example 30fps) to see the slow motion going on.

Check out if can set finalcut to automatically slow it down for you based on your timeline frame rate.

If you used S&Q function, which you can find on the upper right dial knob, the camera will automatically slow down your footage inside camera, so when you import it inside final cut it will be already converted your desired framerate. this is not recomended if you need better quality video and audio included, because S&Q strips away the  audio, at least on older Sony models.

I recommend choosing your framerate and converting it manually in  final cut for best quality and audio included.

Edited by Veres Deni Alex