Firmware upgrade for non Sony lenses

olrik77

Hi,

Thank you for agreeing to accept me on this forum.
I have a Sony A7 IV and a Sigma 105mm macro lens (DG DN Art).
I'm wondering how to update the firmware for this Sigma lens...so far I haven't found anything conclusive.

Thank you for your help,

Good day to all,
Cordially,

PJN

• 3 months later...

Sigma used to (may still do) offer a USB dock for their lenses for upgrading firmware. I had one for EF and one for F lenses, but I am not using Sigma at the moment. I don't know if they have a E dock.

You just mount the lens on the dock, plug the USB into your computer and update that way.

The Sigma 105mm macro lens DG DN Art is on Ver.02 2023.01.26. Though I haven't upgraded that lens, I have upgraded a couple of other recent Sigma lenses and it is quite simple using the Sony camera and detailed on the Sigma website. Do a quick Google search and you will find the information you seek. Link: https://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/a020_105_28/?tab=support&local=firmware

• 1 month later...

Similar to JCCabin, I updated the firmware on my Sigma 35mm f/2 lens by attaching it to a Sony alpha series body and following the instructions on Sigma's website. Very slick; no fiddling with docking stations or USB ports on the lens.

Edited by Monochrome
typo