Sony A6000 + LA-EA3 Adaptor

Hi everyone,

Just need some advise regarding using my A-mount lenses on the Sony A6000. I was thinking of getting the LA-EA3 (LA-EA4 is pricey and I may not need it).

SAM lenses

I have the 50mm 1.8 the AF should work fine right?.

Tamron 17-50 2.8 

Can this have AF also?.

Samyang 14mm 2.8 (manual lens)

Since this is a manual lens can I still use LA-EA3 as though I am on A-mount?.

*** As I know for screw drive lenses like the older Minoltas then I need LA-EA4 for AF, otherwise I can still use LA-EA3 but can only do MF.

Thanks.

gary

LA-EA3 has no motor, no translucent mirror and no AF sensors. Lenses with built-in AF motor will autofocus (not sure if this applies to SAM as well or just SSM) but using only the camera's AF system which on the A6000 is not nearly as good as a proper phase detect AF. Lenses with no AF motor (i.e. all screw driven lenses which I think includes your Tamron) will not autofocus at all.

LA-EA4 has a complete AF system built into the adapter (same as A77 I think) so every lens will autofocus as if it was mounted on an A77 or similar body.

So for most autofocus lenses LA-EA4 is the right choice if you want to use them on A6000. For manual focus there is no difference or in fact LA-EA3 is better because it's smaller and doesn't take away 1/3 of light that the LA-EA4's mirror does.

i have the LAEA-2 and use it on Nex-7 and A7(lttle vignetting on the FF sensor but works great).

Autofocus is amazing fast and precise, same speed and precision as the alpha 77 i have too.

I use it also with minolta af lenses and the sigma 105mm macro that has an amazing OSS that works great too

laea-2 has a autofocus motor i think the laea4 will have one too so if your tamron lens work on alpha 77 it will work with laea-2 on the a6000 in the same way i think.

Oh, sorry I completely forgot about LA-EA1 and LA-EA2 and messed up. They are analogous to the 3 and 4, but cover only APS-C. You should get one of them for the a6000, not the 3 or 4. And it's the LA-EA2 that has the AF module from A77, the LA-EA4's is from A99. (I think)