"Memory Recall" Function Doesn't Remember Everything!

cjng

A couple of months ago, after using a number of DSLR and mirroless systems, I decided to give Sony a try. I've been using an A7s for bit now, mostly with m-mount lenses, and while I love many things about the camera, the Memory Recall function seems to be crippled by the fact that it only remembers some settings.

For instance, two settings that I really like to use with my m-mount lenses are "Silent Shooting" and "Focus Peaking High." Neither of these is remembered in Memory Recall, unless I'm doing something wrong? I don't think so, since the list of settings that pops up on the screen when switching into one of the Memory Recall banks doesn't list either setting. I'd like to be able to switch between my m-mount lenses and my AF, electronic aperture controlled lenses by just turning the mode dial, but that solution requires a "total-state" memory function like I had on some other systems (e.g. newer Canons).

Does this match the behavior that others are experiencing? I'm running version 1.10 of the firmware, and I have the international version of the A7s, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Golem. I was hoping that I was just missing something, but I guess not. Don't get me wrong; I love my A7s. Its high ISO capability alone is helping me finally get dusk/night images that I've been dreaming about for years. Hopefully Sony is paying attention to these forums, and since they have come so far so fast already, I have high hopes that a version II of this camera, or perhaps (hope-against-hope) a firmware upgrade will make the Memory Recall feature truly usable.