A6700 - (No Disp. Info.) not functioning

I was wondering if anyone who has the same camera has the same 'issues' that I have. It seems like it might be a bug in the menu.

If I want the monitor to have an icon/info free display I go to Setup > Operation Customize > DISP (Screen Disp) Set > Monitor  -- And there I enable the check box for No Disp. Info. (I've tried both Exposure: On and TimeOut options too with no difference other than the Exposure info along the bottom will go out. The attached image shows the setting display where one does this and it clearly shows how it should look(without any icons).
However in the other attached image, the actual results are that I have persistent icons along both sides of the monitor display. The only way to make the side icons go away is to have the shutter button depressed half-way. But I have too maintain it half-way continuously to keep the side icons away. And I say side icons, because depressing the shutter re-introduces the bottom shutter info.
So it's like I can never get a 'clean' icon free monitor display for composition.

It works for the viewfinder though, when I choose the No Disp. Info. under 'Finder' rather than 'Monitor'.
I also understand how to use the DISP button which cycles through your options one has selected.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Efrain said:

JS, did you resolve your monitor problem? I am having the exact same problem. 

Thanks

Efrain 

Yes. I went to the store where I bought it. Thankfully the people there know about the products they sell.(The guy side it's a new feature they introduced).

If you swipe sideways along the top or bottom on the moniter you can take off the menu items showing.
However in my case, it can be a bit tricky since I also have touch focus set, and my fingers are a bit big.
Also, if you swipe up/down along the sides you can alternate the menus - at least with the current settings I have.

Edited by JaiySony