Normal chromatic aberration for Zeiss 55 1.8 w/ a7rii?

bbphoto

Hey guys,

As it stands, I just switched to sony and its my only lens at the moment. It's very sharp and all, but I've found the CA, as you've mentioned to be worse than I expected. I've only seen rave reviews and am wondering if it's my copy or everyone's that exhibits such CA. Have a look below at the crops to see examples of some bad cases. 

Note that the tree shot (background focus) and palm trees shot were both wide open at 1.8, while the table set was shot at f/2.5.

Thanks!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Note that these were all taken on the a7rii. 

I've also attached a 100% crop screen grab of a jpg shot with no adjustments in LR. Shot at 1/100th f/4.5 and ISO 400, yet the quality looks pretty horrible to me considering i haven't raised exposure or anything. 

I have been getting great quality stuff in good light, but everything I've seen so far that's been during twilight hours or pushed in post looks.. a bit disappointing thus far. My 24MP Nikon definitely held onto JPG quality way more than the new Sony. I have no intention going back to Nikon, but just curious if my expectations are out of wack? Is this normal 100% crop, low-light, moderately-low ISO sooc quality? Also, i'd heard the camera handled chroma noise well, but i see just as much of it in shadows as i do on my a6000. What do you reckon? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!