[Astro] Trouble with Sony A6000 + FE 200-600mm G OOS

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased an FE 200-600mm G OSS lens for wildlife and astrophotography with my Sony a6000 camera. While this lens provides excellent zoom capabilities, I am seeing weird white/blue circles around all my Astro pictures (see below). I am not sure if this is an issue with the lens or the APS-C camera (or the combination of the two). I will much appreciate if someone can provide any pointers to help me fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by taonight
Too much information

Hi Pieter, thanks for responding to this post. I was doing a regular curve stretch in post. I read on DPReview (https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62199570) that Sony applies some sort of correction profile to RAW images which causes similar patterns to pop up in post. I am not sure if that is what is causing my images to have these circles. I have turned off all the "Lens Comp" options (Shading comp, Chro. Aber. Comp. and Distortion Comp.) on my A6000

• 5 months later...

Hi taonight,

this is frustrating! Sony SEL200600G with A6000 is not a general problem. I use this setup as well and don't see any abnormal patterns (even if I push the exposure to the maximum and see almost only noise). I also use the full-frame Sony A7R with the SEL200600G lens and I don't see any patterns.

The picture shows one of my first asotrophotos with this setup - also the Andromeda-Galaxie M42, 28x40s F5.6 ISO-800 600mm.

I would recommend trying a different stacking software or maybe a different RAW converter. Do you have the possibility to test the lens with another Sony E-mount camera?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!