Where is the Sony RX2/RX1 Mk.II?

I was really hoping the RX10 II and RX100 IV announcement would also include a new RX1 II/RX2.

Ive owned and enjoyed the original RX1 since it came out three years ago.  But, despite the excellent RX1 post on here a couple weeks ago http://www.sonyalphaforum.com/topic/890-sony-rx1-maintaining-its-relevance/ it is showing its age, especially the AF system.

Some people believe it won't ever be updated (they cite low profits and no updated firmware support). I do believe they will update it at some point, with the popularity of the Leica Q and the X100T, the large sensor compacts are here to stay. But is Sony misstepping by only replacing the RX1 when it can make another "technology statement" (i.e. with a curved sensor), instead of just building gradually (i.e. adding EVF, improving AF, diff lens lengths, etc.) on a great foundation?

Personally, I would love to see an EVF (obviously), improved AF and I would actually prefer a larger (longer) body to make handling easier. And if I'm REALLY dreaming I would add a 16-35mm lens, do that Sony and Ill give you all my money. 

RX2 where are you?