Viewfinder shows strong aliasing? effect, sometimes

Hello, everybody,

since I owned the a6500, the partly bad contrast in the Viewfinder in live mode disturbs me. I've been living with the problem for two years now, but today I've found something new.

What is it about?
When I look through the Viewfinder in Liveview mode (before I take the picture) at an object that has fine structures, these structures are displayed in very poor quality and the edges appear much too bright.

When I capture the image and then recall it, there is no such problem.
I understand that there is a difference between the live view and a finished image. So in liveview a much higher ISO setting might be used than in the photo taken afterwards. That explained the behavior for me... until today.

Today I found out that:
- The whole thing really only occurs with fine structures. If you don't focus properly, that's enough to prevent the effect from occurring. So it could be an aliasing problem?
- that with a finder frame rate of 100 FPS, the effect is even stronger than with 50 FPS.
- that in movie mode (admittedly, that's probably not exactly the same as Liveview mode) the problem isn't there anymore at all.

In the following a few pictures for comparison (please forgive me the low quality, it's not easy to take a picture from the viewfinders screen, and i have to compress the pictures to upload it here):

Liveview with 50 FPS showing a pine tree

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Liveview with 100 FPS showing a pine tree

Playback of the taken photo (similar appearance to video-mode)

I forgot to turn of the zebra-highlighting before taking this pictures, but I tried it without afterwards, and this is clearly not the reason.

This problem happens so often to me, i think every a6500 (a6###?) user should be aware of it.

So the question is: What is the reason for this issue, and is there a setting to minimize/solve it? Because sometimes it is hardly possible to say, if the chosen exposure is coorect, because of this bright highlighted edges.

Many Thanks in advance.

With kind regards

Jörg