A6300 How to switch viewfinder to LCD screen

Carp32

Hello. While traveling in India, my camera on a tripod got caught in the wind and fell from above. Unfortunately, I managed to find it Unfortunately, viewfinder didn't work. So I made a mistake and switched the settings to ONLY viewfinder. And now the LCD screen shows nothing and I can take photos blindly. I tried changing the settings using the chain navigation buttons. But no luck. Could someone with this camera please Write instructions on what buttons to use to get to this option? 

i try:

MENU;9x RIGHT; 3x RIGHT; 1xDOWN; SELECT/CENTER; 1xUP; SELECT/CENTER

Can someone check if this works for them with a LCD screen on?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Carp32

As far as I know, the only way to reset this camera is through the menu, but of course, navigating in the menu without a display is not possible. One option could be to connect the camera to a TV screen with HDMI cable, press the show images button and see if you can access the menu from there.

Some users have reported an "unofficial" way to perform a hard reset.

Please note that I have not tested them and I am not aware if they work or ultimately you will end "bricking" the camera, so this is a big "proceed at your own risk", assuming that you have nothing to lose and everything else failed.

Remove the card, so your pictures are safe.

Try several times removing the battery with the camera on and leaving it out for some time.

The sudden loss of power might cause the camera to reset.

Hey, I think it's possible to navigate without a screen, I just need someone with an a6300 to give me the button sequences. The screen works because I can connect via NFC And then the LCD screen works and I can preview it on my phone. Unfortunately, the menu button then only allows me to make minor changes to the settings.

The buttom sequence is useless if you don't know where in the menu you are starting from.

When you press the Menu button in the 6300, you will find yourself in the same place that you were when you left the menu the time before. Since you don't know your starting point, the sequence is useless.

If you have some time to spare, drain the internal battery by removing the battery for a couple of months. If the internal battery is drained, many things in your camera will reset, among which the position in the menu. Not sure if it puts everything back to factory default though...

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00012769

Thanks very much Phormula, now I understand why the sequence doesn't work. I bought a microHDMI adapter, connected it to the screen and it works! Finally my camera came back to life👍

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!