Sony A9r :)

SAR_admin

Looks good! It would be an indicator that Sony's new "Pro Services" aren't limited to E-mount only. We've all been waiting and wondering if Sony would actually ever attempt to penetrate the pro market. If they did choose to do so in the A-mount system they would likely release a body that looks something like this.

Joking aside, I'm a little concerned about the weight and size gradually creeping up with the A7ii, let alone a possible A9 behemoth.

I'm not completely sold on the 7ii changes yet - although IBIS is very cool, I personally regret it has come at the expense of some ergonomic changes - I loved the more slender, lighter, retro looking bodies of the previous model(s).

Also, as a previous Leica M user, I actually prefer the shutter button on top and don't really understand the need for a huge grip - I was always taught to support the weight of a camera on the non-shutter hand, cradling the body, or a longer lens anyway, not on the grip.

It's not terrible at the moment, but if Sony keep on, these cams/lenses risk end up the same size/weight as a DSLR and that will throw away part of the USP of what people really loved about them, so I hope they don't go down that road, because right now they're so cool.

Sony can offer FF E-mount in all different forms and sizes.

Currently, the 1/2 frame E-mounts come in three different

form factors: SLR-like, RF-style, and "pocket compact".   

Just like Nikon sells FF SLRs in compact [610], "full size"

[810], and "pro"/huuuuge form factors [just as they did in

the predigital era].

So, if the A9 proves to be noticeably larger than the A7 or

A7II, no one should be shocked. There would be a proper

place for it ... and being bigger than an A7 is not the same

as being *really* big, everything being relative acoarst ;-) 

I predict that the only uncomfortably oversize aspect of

the A9 will be the price tag.