Correct settings needed for Alpha 77 with Wireless Studio Strobe

I'm using a Sony A77 connected with a Sony FA-HS1AM adapter connected to a generic studio strobe trigger.

For some reason, I'm only able to get the strobe to trigger when I set my A77's Drive Mode to Hi. 

With Drive Mode set to Hi, the strobe will fire on the 2nd shot.

I've been playing around with all the settings on my A77 and I can't figure out how to get the strobe to fire normally on the first shot.

Any body know what's going on?  Please help.

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

I am able to trigger in single shot mode AFTER triggering it in Hi Drive Mode for a few minutes. Then when I switch to single shot mode, it triggers fine.

I'm using a generic no-name trigger I picked up online. There is no brand or model on it.

The battery is fine on the FA-HS1AM.  It's a fresh battery I replaced recently.

What should the FLASH setting be on the A77 for wireless strobe?  Wireless?

Can you trigger the strobe in single shot mode ?

What studio strobe trigger are you using ( brand and model of trigger AND strobe)

Is the battery OK in the FA-HS1AM ?

Weird behaviour that you need to go into High Drive before it starts working

My guess is your trigger is either not contacting the adapter on the camera shoe properly, has a dying battery or it is defective.  I have some cheap triggers that sometimes need a wake-up call ( 2 or 3 lost shots in Single drive mode) and then work properly for extended periods, but i never had to change to Hi Drive to get them working.

Your camera flash menu should be set to Forced Flash. With the set-up you have, the camera does not even know you have a flash trigger up there !

In fact if you put the camera in another flash mode, this could explain why things don't work out properly.