Are Sony Alpha cameras tough? Need some advice...

WoNHUSA

I very recentlyed purchased an A7iii from Amazon.  When I opened the merchandise box, the camera was not securely packaged so it had been "bouncing" around inside the box during transit.  I am concerned about the camera potentially being damaged because it was not secured inside the box and obviously had to have been bumping around during it trips to my house.  I am totally new to Sony and mirrorless (moving from a Canon 7D) so I am not familiar with the level of "toughness" that the Sony cameras have.  I am looking for advice on what to do....when I contacted Amazon to do an exchange and I was offered a 20% discount if I kept the camera.  I paed about 1700 USD and the discount would bring the cost down to about 1360 USD.  That 1360 USD seems like a very good price, but not if the camera is damaged.  

What does the group have for advice on this one?  What is your experience with the durability of the Sony mirrorless cameras getting bumped around?  Thanks for any help.

Are there any apparent damages to the camera - loose dials and buttons or worse yet they have detached from the camera and lying in the corner of the camera box?  If not, do a test shoot session going through all of the different settings on the camera.  If everything comes up okay, take the discount and get the most comprehensive Extended Warranty available for the longest possible term for the camera.

The parts I would be most concerned about are the shutter and the IBIS (the sensor moves to allow IBIS to work) if both of these are working and there is no outward damage, then I would rest easy.

My old A7Rii must fallen a few times and "bounced around" with no damage - it is now warn and well used but still producing the photos I expect.

Edited by thebeardedgroundsman