Lens recommendation for landscape afte the

I have a Sony A7ii and my first lens is the Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 Lens. 

It's a great lens. I use it for pretty much all my landscape photography. 

Lately, I've fallen in love with panorama and I would like to try another lens that has really high quality image without much distortion. 

I borrowed my cousin's Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM Lens and realized it's way too heavy for me. 

I am also an avid fan of astrophography. 

Now you know my story, which lens will you recommend me to go for? 

I absolutely love my Zeiss 35mm 2.8.  It has that Zeiss "color" and is extremely sharp.  On top of that it only weighs 4.2 oz.  I also have the 28mm 2.0 but it doesn't compare to the Zeiss which is much sharper.  (the advantage of the 28mm  2.0 is the wider aperture, not important for landscape/panoramas.).    If you were to shoot comparable images with the two lenses, I can assure you that the Zeiss will provide much more impressive landscapes.

I own both the Batis 25 and the Sony 16-35.  I agonized for months about adding a super wide angle to take on a trip to Amsterdam for the tulip time.  I already owned both the 25 and 85 Batis lenses.  So I bought the 16-35 for the trip and then decided to not even take it in order to save on weight.  If you already own the Batis 25, just keep it and use it on the pano shots.  The Batis is faster and much lighter.  I still enjoy the Sony 16-35 and not unhappy I bought it, but when weight is a consideration, the prime is a much better choice for travel.  I too enjoy the pano shooting.  I try to use a tripod if available, but I have learned to do a five-shot pano handheld. Sometimes I get off and the shot is unusable, but they usually work.

For even more compact and with absolutely stellar image quality . .  the Loxia 21mm f/2.8.  However, this focal length is close to the Batis 18mm you already have, so I second the notion to add the Batis 25 mm.  For me, I can live with the weight of the 24-70 GM to gain the focal length flexibility, stay primarily with one wide angle lens, and not give up any image quality.

• 4 weeks later...

Jeremy Walker, one of the best landscape photographers I have met, used a Nikon 45mm TS for all his panoramic landscapes for exactly that reason, lack of distortion. I have found that the Zeiss 55mm does an excellent job in replicating that - extremely sharp and great IQ, but in a very lightweight, compact and well made form.

Best for panorama and best for astro to my understanding is hard to get in one single lens.

If the Batis 18mm is too slow for astro I would recommend the Tokina Firin 20/2 or an adapted Sigma Art 20/1.4. I personally don't do astro photography so I wasn't in need for either of the two. But I know some guys who do, and who are quite happy with the results they deliver.

For Pano it is somehow a matter of taste, and of course willingness of post work. I personally like to minimize correction work, so for that disciplin I bought a Canon TS-E 24/3.5 II and a Metabones adapter.

A little bit heavy, but I don't mind that. Btw, used as a standard 24mm I can assure you it is far the best 24mm money can buy.