Sign in to follow this  
nmck

Minolta Rokkor 45mm Lens Review

`   

I really like slightly shorter normals, between 

50 and 35mm. Got a 45 on a Nikon, 40 on a

Canon, plus EF-to-Sony adapter for the 40. I 

find them to have a very realistic perspective.  

When the dinosaurs were still kicking I loved 

many extra-compact leaf shutter 35's with a 

lens about 42mm [+/-]. Also loved the 40/1.8 

on Konica's little "TC" SLR. Thaz a lens you 

might enjoy adapting. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Andy C
      Purchased this lens a couple of weeks ago. Never really owned a prime in this focal length. It's been a lot of fun shooting with it. 

More images using this lens on the A7M2 can be found here. 

• By Bramley Apple
      Hi everybody!
      I have bought a Sony a7 (first model) to make some critical focus portraits with an old Summicron 90 mm lens from Leica.
      I use the zoom magnification and the max level of focus peaking for best results and I am impressed.
      Only problem is I have to press twice the C1 button to zoom in: is there any way to start the zoom function with a single press of a single button action?
      Thanks!
    • By darcymiller
      TL;DR: got any recommendations for a cheap fast manual non-radioactive 50mm prime?

I have an a6500 with the 16-70mm kit lens and also the 30mm f1.4 Sigma lens, which I love by the way. However, I want to use some legacy primes to experiment with different focal lengths, perhaps a tilt adapter later on, etc.

I also don't want to use a radioactive lens, because firstly I don't have a basement in my small apartment to "hide" the lens away when I'm not using it, secondly, I have a dog, thirdly I just don't want to take the risk.

I have shortlisted it to the following:

Minolta rokkor-md 50mm 1.4 - might be radioactive?? but f1.4 is very fast and apparently it's sharp too
      Helios 44m 58mm f2 - this is a lens primed for its swirly bokeh but I've heard on crop sensor bodies the bokeh doesn't swirl as well
      Auto-Takumar 55mm f2 - this has great "soap-bubble" bokeh, and works well on crop mode. The only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on this lens is that it may be radioactive (according to the Angry Photographer it's not but others say it is, and Pentax was notorious for radioactive lenses in that era) and also it's very RARE and fairly expensive. I'm in love with the look of the Takumar lenses, by the way.
      Konica 50mm Hexanon f1.7 - this lens is very sharp wide open and very inexpensive, don't think it's radioactive (is the bokeh any good?)
      Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF/AFD - not that vintage but fairly cheap and certified non radioactive (lens-makers stopped using thorium in the mid-80's)
      Anyone got any suggestions/tested the radioactivity of these lenses? Also, does the radioactivity vary from lens to lens? Thanks.

• By jstevensphoto
      B and H has this lens on sale for a few days and I am tempted to give it a try.   It's totally manual focus and manual aperture, but with such a wide lens, that should not be a problem.    Anyone else tried this lens and have any opinions?
    • By jstevensphoto
      B and H has this lens on sale for a few days and I am tempted to give it a try.   It's totally manual focus and manual aperture, but with such a wide lens, that should not be a problem.    Anyone else tried this lens and have any opinions?