Comic Con May 2015

dancook

A7S + YN-E3-RT + 2 x Canon 600 EX RT, hand held beauty dish in the halls of comic con.

more on flickr

17822503750_8e5e389663_b.jpgRainbow Dragon by dancook1982, on Flickr

17824914570_64b68c8d1b_b.jpgMini Captain America by dancook1982, on Flickr

17827951560_cdedf44912_b.jpgX-Men by dancook1982, on Flickr

18029112002_b827dd1d47_b.jpgSyndra from League of Legends by dancook1982, on Flickr

17864988689_36f8bf6f39_b.jpgBlue Flowers by dancook1982, on Flickr

17888747798_17f711eeab_b.jpgCerise Wolf by dancook1982, on Flickr

17454571934_4a5a9bfa05_b.jpgGandalf the Grey by dancook1982, on Flickr

17459389284_6e2c4eb223_b.jpgJinx by dancook1982, on Flickr

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Yes. The display has its own settings and doesn’t necessarily show an accurate preview. You need to watch the exposure meter. 
    • What is the issue? Live display doesn't accurately display actual output raw photo. It could be under or over-exposed. When focusing, sometimes you do get a glimpse of what your final image will be. (I believe this is because apparently on sony mirrorless, to aid the autofocus system, exposure is temporarely increased, this doesn't impact your actual exposure, its only temporary, therefore my theory is that what Im looking at, is my actual exposure + 1 stop maybe) The preview is shown as well-lit, however once you see the raw file it's way underexposed. After taking the picture, it somehow does increase the exposure and the output is more accurate to what is shown on live view, like if the camera took a screenshot or maybe the JPEG is wrongly labeled as .ARW, or somehow metada gets corrupted, since shows it was shot at the same settings, same ISO, same aperture, same exposure time but one picture is darker than the other. After taking the picture in this mode it loops back as taking the picture darker.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Why I believe is an issue with the adapter? Changed the lens to the 50 mm f1.8 and same cycle repeats. Changed to the kit lens from sony and it work ok. Any help or theories? I know the simplest way would be, just use another adapter or maybe buy a sony lens but, I mean... there are plenty of people with this adapter, so could be an issue with this particular unit of adapter? I haven't seen something similar to my case on the internet.
    • @husnu I'm wondering if you've noticed this problem returned with firmware ver 3.00? I was remote shooting with the Creators app after upgrading and noticed that touch focus didn't work anymore. But it's not just the Creators App. Touch focus is not working with the a7IV camera body by itself. Touch tracking works. I tried turning Pre-AF on and using the camera in shutter/aperture priority but it still won't touch focus. This problem didn't exist in firmware 1.01. I didn't test in 1.05 as I only updated to 1.05 so I could update to 3.00. But touch to focus worked on the a7IV camera body and in the Imaging Edge app remote shooting with ver 1.01.
  • Topics