Operating Menu Language

I am in Australia and purchased an A6000 from an online supplier CameraSky who claim to be an Australian company.

The camera arrived promptly (I suspect from overseas) but not one piece of English document supplied its all in Japanese (I presume). The operator manual etc is available online in English so I'm not concerned. However when I turn on the camera the menu language is Japanese (again I presume) and I have searched the online manual, the sony site, google and forums in an effort to work out how to switch the menu on the camera to English. Without that I cant get passed just tuning it on.

If anyone can help shed some light on this I would be very grateful.    

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Try to select random options until you get the camera running. I don't think you have to select anything in the beginning you wouldn't be able to change later. As soon as you get it running and can access the normal menu go to the toolbox register an then to number 4. Language selection is third from the top. It has a book icon with an A on top. 

I tried everything and somehow after 2 days of trying I stumbled across it... Thank you anyway... just shot off a dozen shots with my only lens so far 55-210 and having given up my Canon 7D with a wonderful array of fine lenses all I can say from this very small sampling with what would be considered a mediocre lens (the 55-210 no offence Sony) is that I am thrilled and already in love with the fine piece of engineering can hardly wait till next week when my Sel 50 1.8 and Sel 35 1.8 arrive .... I am thoroughly excited....

Click here to view Sony 1 First