More Polka Dots - Color Version

Bside123

Sony ILCA-MK2 (A99ll)

Sony T* 24-70mm 2.8 ZA SSM

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is such a nice image of her. I just wish the bright charts or whatever were gone. If you have her do more ask her to remove her fingers from covering her mouth.

Thanks for looking, and thanks for your comment. The photos were taken in her office at the end of the workday. The available light from a single rear window, created nice

highlights as well as showcased the files and papers on her desk. It was a spontaneous moment, candid, which probably will not happen again. It's an environmental portrait.

I'm happy you noticed the "mood."  Best regards.

Guest Jaf-Photo

Just to chime in, I think the light hitting the papers on the desk is perfect. It does three things. It provides depth, it balances the composition and it shows the beautiful quality of the natuural light.

The hands do add a lot as well, both in terms of character, mood and flow. There is nothing inherently wrong with hands to face, if you do them right. For example, Jane Bown did a very famous portrait of Bjork covering her face with her hands.

The highest praise I can give to a photo is that I wish I had taken it myself. This is a photo I wish I had taken and I wouldn't change a thing.