70-200GM (Sony products) - anyone received theirs yet in Canada?

jiman

I've just got off the phone with my supplier (a very reputable firm), and since Sony Canada closed its doors, Canadian distribution of Sony products have also disappeared.  Sony Canada got swallowed up by the US division and nothing is being delivered (not just the scarce 70-200GM).  So if your in Canada and have received your, please let me know your supplier as mine is unable to deliver.  I placed my order July 12th (same day they were announced in Canada).

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly answering the topic, but maybe helpful info.

I am GER based, and received my copy 4 weeks ago. It was a little bit lucky to get it. When I heared from a pro photographer in southern GER that he received one, I complained to my pro retailer - just because he was always one of the first delivered by Sony. The boss of my retailer has a good wire to Sony Europe and used his contact to get info. As a result of the talk we received one of the 10! that have been delivered to GER so far, and I got it.

When asking about when to expect the next delivery he was told maybe in November but more likely December.

As of the situation being a global issue, I would expect (still) open deliveries at that indicated time only unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just got off the phone with my supplier (a very reputable firm), and since Sony Canada closed its doors, Canadian distribution of Sony products have also disappeared.  Sony Canada got swallowed up by the US division and nothing is being delivered (not just the scarce 70-200GM).  So if your in Canada and have received your, please let me know your supplier as mine is unable to deliver.  I placed my order July 12th (same day they were announced in Canada).

Jim

I waited for my copy for over two month (in Europe), not I bought the A99II so cancelled the order and buying an A-mount G2 (subpar quality to the GM, but cheaper and for a all round better camera).