Extremely annoying issues with my new a6300!

Hi guys, I just got my a6300 yesterday and have been testing it extensively. 

Found several annoying problems:

1. when shooting in 4k, sometimes the screen blacks out and you need to wake it up with a button press. is it normal? it's definitely not the slp function as it blacks out sometimes within 10s of recording.
2. It keeps showing me the "Running on NTSC" nag screen, but I need to shoot in 24p and not 25 or 30p. Is there a way to turn it off? 
3. Why does lock-on AF and Eye-AF not work in Movie mode? I set it to Manual Exposure Movie mode and the options are greyed out.

4. Is it true that Eye-AF will not work reliably with running kids and should be only for relatively static portraits? I tested it today and probably got only 3/10 keepers through eye-AF.
5. Can I assign the shutter button as Movie recording button? The movie button is so awkwardly placed. 

6. Is there a quick way to switch between 4k24p and 1080/120p? I just realised in HFR settings, it only allows recording at 12Mbps. It is only when you switch manually to XAVCS HD, then you can switch to 120p/100M - essentially a 2-step process.

7. Is there a shortcut for "Volume Settings" since it doesn't have AGC?

In regards to the position of the video record button.  Sony got a lot of complaints about the location of said button on the Nex-7.  It was TOO easy to press. Such that it would sometimes trigger if you put it down, or in a pocket or looked at it sideways.

Since then Sony has been sure to place their video record buttons in a place where you can't accident touch it.

1. when shooting in 4k, sometimes the screen blacks out and you need to wake it up with a button press. is it normal? it's definitely not the slp function as it blacks out sometimes within 10s of recording.

2. It keeps showing me the "Running on NTSC" nag screen, but I need to shoot in 24p and not 25 or 30p. Is there a way to turn it off? 

3. Why does lock-on AF and Eye-AF not work in Movie mode? I set it to Manual Exposure Movie mode and the options are greyed out.

4. Is it true that Eye-AF will not work reliably with running kids and should be only for relatively static portraits? I tested it today and probably got only 3/10 keepers through eye-AF.

5. Can I assign the shutter button as Movie recording button? The movie button is so awkwardly placed. 

6. Is there a quick way to switch between 4k24p and 1080/120p? I just realised in HFR settings, it only allows recording at 12Mbps. It is only when you switch manually to XAVCS HD, then you can switch to 120p/100M - essentially a 2-step process.

I know probably you didn't see a manual in the box, it helps to read it some time and learn how the camera works LOL

Number 2 is sooo unbelievably annyoing (its also on all A7's), but no, theres no way around it, not even when you set your country to USA. The worst part: it also comes up after standby/wake, so basically you see it all the time and it interfers with a quick wake up.

- you can't have "extensively" tested a new camera after having it for 1 day, even if you spent the full 24 hours  :P

1 - you may have a defective unit.  I can hardly imagine all these other people wouldn't have complained if it was like that with every a6300

2 - Sony really needs to fix that or people are going to try to jailbreak that freaking camera OS, just to neuter Sony's insanity.

3 - I wonder if Google or Jason Lanier might know a workaround

4 - that would be a lousy ratio, but then, 3/10 is just too small a sample size - and probably shot in a single session.

6 - Sony's menus are definitely not about convenience...  blerk

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now.

1) - unknown...I've not seen this yet and have shot a few hours of 4k

2) I do not see this screen ever...I have a Canadian version, so I can't comment with authority on this

3) Center lock-on AF works in movie mode as does face detect...the lock-on AF works differently than the A6000 where you could use lock-on in any mode (if I remember correctly)

4) Eye AF is great for static subjects, but I find a better hit rate with flexible small for eye focusing with static subjects.

5) Don't think so

6) You can use the settings memory storage to quickly go from 120 to 4k. I have my 2 dial positions set up for 4k and 1080 24p and I just added 120p as another memory store

7) Assign it to a custom button

Overall I'm thrilled with the A6300. I also have not had serious overheating issues yet. Today I ran 3 consecutive 29:59 4k records and it was fine. One trick I believe helps is to power the camera externally...either through the USB or with a battery adaptor. I think the battery contributes a lot to the heating up of the camera during long records. My ambient temperature is average house temp. and I have no experience yet in hotter temperatures. The rolling shutter is pretty bad, but I don't anticipate it being an issue for what I film. As always, I can't claim to know the camera perfectly after 2 weeks...I'm still earning things. YMMV

Seems like most of the "issues" cited here are merely old complaints that date back to the a6000. Are there some new issues, peculiar to the a6300 that aren't "how to's" or video related?  I'm interested in stills IQ, high ISO noise, stills autofocus, tracking, etc.  The form factor is the same as the a6000, so how many times can we hear complaints about placement of the movie button, etc., etc.....?

Where are you physically located?  If you're in the US, then you bought a grey market camera.  I did this once to try to save a few $ for an a6000, and this annoyed me so much that I returned it to the ebay seller.

• 2 weeks later...