Play memories camera app

Having a chat room about apps is really different than a comment on apps store!

the point is not to advise poeple whether the app is good or not, but having a conversation with users and devs about improvements or new ideas to develop.

To me having a kind of lab chat here on the forum or directly on playmemocamera website would be great, we could give feedbacks on apps, do some real community testing on beta or share our best practices. By the way how could a beta version be if there is no users feedback to improve it???

If I am the only one feeling that such a conversation is needed, maybe I am wrong, but I am actually very surprised it doesn't already exist.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Having a chat room about apps is really different than a comment on apps store!

the point is not to advise poeple whether the app is good or not, but having a conversation with users and devs about improvements or new ideas to develop.

To me having a kind of lab chat here on the forum or directly on playmemocamera website would be great, we could give feedbacks on apps, do some real community testing on beta or share our best practices. By the way how could a beta version be if there is no users feedback to improve it???

If I am the only one feeling that such a conversation is needed, maybe I am wrong, but I am actually very surprised it doesn't already exist.

Anyone else feeling the same?

I think I misunderstood your first post.  I thought you were talking about the Play Memories App on the smartphone,  not the actually camera apps on the camera/website.

I know they also have a ratings system with review fields and a comment section, beyond that not sure about contacting the developer directly or a forum for discussing these little apps.  Everything is always in Beta and I'm sure based on feedback you would hope they improve.

I think I misunderstood your first post.  I thought you were talking about the Play Memories App on the smartphone,  not the actually camera apps on the camera/website.

I know they also have a ratings system with review fields and a comment section, beyond that not sure about contacting the developer directly or a forum for discussing these little apps.  Everything is always in Beta and I'm sure based on feedback you would hope they improve.

Maybe I search really bad (which is true!), but for now I can't find any users comments on the apps

If you got a link to some already existing comment page, I would love to have it!

Maybe I search really bad (which is true!), but for now I can't find any users comments on the apps

If you got a link to some already existing comment page, I would love to have it!

Your comments, reviews and other information is transmitted to the developer or sony.  Its not a discussion.  If you want to discuss the apps, this would be a good place or Sonys Community | play memories forums found here.

https://community.sony.com/t5/PlayMemories/bd-p/PlayMemories

Is this what you are looking for?

I will check the link for some already existing topics around camera apps.

I really think that all those little apps can make a really big difference in a work process.

Thanks for taking time to answer.

You can share your thoughts here too... I like some of the apps, some add real functionality to the camera. I have a few ideas for an app, not sure how open Sony is and if they have an SDK or not.

I found some discussions about camera apps on play memories forum, but really a few.

As a videographer my main concerns are about video apps, but I also like some of the stills apps.

Maybe let's discuss about ideas for new apps here?

What would be yours?

To me it would be great to have a movement detection app that could automatically record a video when a movement is detected and stop when nothing moves anymore.

It would really be helpful to capture some footage of wild animals.

-It should have a pre buffer  setup (If possible)

-An auto stop recording setup - for exemple If nothing moves during 10/20/30c it stops recording, creates a file, and is ready to prebuff and record again!

-A speed recognition parameter with max and minimum speed values, so it don't record for a bee if you wait for a tiger :)

-Having all video formats available from 720p to 4K an 24fps to 120fps

-It could also be used for photos of course :)

-If it could be connected to an external device (tablet or phone) and send a pop up message when movement is detected, then when you open the pop up message it launch play memories mobile for monitoring...it would be awesome!

Interesting idea, but don't think you will ever see something like that for a camera with such horrendous battery life.  Better off just getting the phone/tablet app that does that.  I have used one that works amazingly well.  Streams the live video, will only record with motion, notifies you and its free.  The app is called AtHome.