Need your Help With Choosing a Lens For A 99

rollsman4

I read some excellent Reviews about this Tamron lens.  I have the Zeiss 24-70 f2.8 for the Sony A99.  I see its lighter and less expensive. Any suggestions of anyone using this. Thanks

Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Autofocus 

Guest Peter Kelly

Please would you provide some evidence that you are not just a time-waster, as your posting history is limited and very odd?

Apparently your have an A7ii with 24-70 f4, but also the A99 with 24-70 f2.8, and now you are asking about the merits of the Tamron 28-75 f2.8

This makes no sense at all, I'm afraid. It's even more strange when you suggest you want to protect your investment in expensive gear by spending money on worthless filters.

Unless you are able to show that you are an honest person and explain your curious buying I doubt I will reply again, other than to make others aware.

I'm sorry if I'm off the mark, but there are too many pointless posts.

Ok, have 2 Sony Cameras: A7ii and A99.  I returned the 24-70 f4 and purchased the Sony 90mm Macro 2,8

Next:  I have the A99 with CZ 24-70 2.8

I see from reading Friedmans Book on the A99 that the Tamron 28-78 2.8 is Lighter and LESS Expensive and very little difference between that and CZ 24-70 2.8

As far as the Filter Post I never used them in the past( over 40 years) and Now wondering if they are good to have.

It that Honest Enough ?    Thanks

Guest Peter Kelly

That's fair enough, but I would like to offer you some well-meant advice.

The secret to good photography doesn't lie with having the best equipment, but rather knowing how to use equipment you already have in the best way.

So first, before buying at all, you need to know what you want and why, rather than simply looking at price tags and buying anything you can afford.

If you have been taking pictures for 40 years then you should have a really good idea of what interests you and where you have had difficulties getting your shots, so all your buying decisions should be based primarily on that.

The reason I found it hard to understand (and still do) is that you have bought an A99 with the 24-70 f2.8, but still felt that an A7ii with a 24-70 f4 would be a good buy. There is almost nothing the A7 will do that the A99 can't do other than be smaller and lighter, so buying one contradicts buying the other if both purchases were recent. Also, if you already have the Sony 24-70 f2.8 I don't see why the price of the Tamron is important (or anything about it at all, to be honest). The Sony is the better lens, especially on the A99, and you would lose money selling it. It might make sense if the Sony was a bad lens, or the Tamron offered more in some areas.

As to the filters, the idea of asking if it would be worth it in order to protect an investment in an expensive lens, while apparently spending freely on duplications, appears very odd to me.

Add all this to the fact that you didn't appear to acknowledge any replies gives all the appearance of baiting behaviour, rather than that of a genuine forum member.

I apologise if I was mistaken, but perhaps you need to be a little more measured in purchases and before writing posts, asking questions that have plenty of answers freely available throughout the web with a little 'googling'.