Sony 70-200mm f4 Macro II: slight play in front barrel

I purchased a new FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II and noticed some very slight side-to-side play at the front barrel. When fully zoomed to 200mm using a macro rail bolted to the lens collar foot as a reference point I measure about 0.025 inches ( 0.6mm) with my calipers. Even fully retracted there is some play, at most half that amount. I think this is probably typical for the lens but I would appreciate hearing from other owners of the lens before I decide to keep this copy. Note that you have to look very carefully to see this movement; it is somewhat easier to see with the lens at 70mm where the front and rear barrels are adjacent.

The lens otherwise seems OK. The local photography organization can do some reasonable Modulation Transfer Function (MFT) and chromatic aberration testing using the free MFT Mapper utility. The MFT is better than my Canon 24-70mm f2.8L II and some older zooms. Not surprisingly it is not as good as a good prime such as a Canon EF 200mm f2.8L or my Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro IS that I have tested.

It also seems satisfactory on the various easy to do tests in Lensrentals How to Test a Lens.

Thanks in advance for your responses.