New Member from Lohmar Germany

Bernhard

Hi

My name is Bernhard living in Lohmar which is close to Cologne and Bonn.

I started my experience in photography many many years ago. Since then I tried a lot and used Camaras from different Brands. Pentax, Minolta (analogue and digital), Olympus and during the last 20 Years Canon.

My main Camera is a 5D MIII with a good selection of high quality lenses prime and zoom lenses.

In early 2014 I bought a NEX 5 intended to connect it to my Multicopter but I never did it. I wanted to know all about that Camera before sending it up into the sky. During the research I found some interesting articles

about the Sony a7s and how easy it could be to attache lenses from other manufactors to it. During my vacation in August 2014 (USA New York) I had the chance to check and test the a7s with the 55 1.8 Zeiss a Metabones

adapter and som of my Canon prime lenses. After returning to Germany one of my first things I did was buying the a7s with the 55mm 1.8

I wanted to use the a7s as an adition to my Canon for low light situations and my studio work. But first of all I had to learn and accept that there are many differences in using these to Light traps ;-). The Sony is much slower

in the way she does here job's but the results a worth to wait.

At the end of the year I added the a7 M II and two Sony / Zeiss lenses to my equipement the 27-70 and the 70 - 200. And the process of learning by doing starts again because documentation which is added by Sony is poor.

And exact this is the reason why I am a new Member. Hopefully I find Users/Friends for sharing questions and answers in this forum instead of if you like me I like you the way most othher forum are working. (Especially the other

one which has its base in Bonn to.)

My Website: www.lugadesign.com 

You'll find me allthough at Facebook

Bernhard Schmitz