A6000 - shutter doesn't fire in magnification mode using wireless shutter release

Hi all, I've recently got an a6000 that I'm going to use mostly for macro and landscape photography, now I've an issue (or at least I consider it as such...), when in "Magnification mode" once reached the right focus I would like to fire the shot using a wireless shutter release remote control, but it doesn't work... I've to half press the shutter button on the camera to return in normal view and then I can fire the shot.

Do you think it is a normal behaviour? Did I miss some setting? Or is there something not working properly in the camera?

Just for let you know Sony support suggest me to reset the camera (I've did it but nothing have changed)...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Flickr:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/giovannibrardinoni

500px: https://500px.com/bradiponi

Personal website: http://giannibrardinoni.altervista.org 

Maybe try using your smartphone to trigger the shutter instead?

Otherwise, you could change the "Focus Magnification Time" down to 2 or 5 seconds (it's probably currently set to No Limit), so it automatically returns to normal view without you having to touch anything.

Maybe try using your smartphone to trigger the shutter instead?

Otherwise, you could change the "Focus Magnification Time" down to 2 or 5 seconds (it's probably currently set to No Limit), so it automatically returns to normal view without you having to touch anything.

Yes you're right, I've set it to "No Limit" as I'm using this features to better focus on the subject while taking macro shot; I would use your suggestion, setting it to 2 sec., my only doubt is, do this time limit occur even if I'm moving magnification spot or the "countdown" starts only when nothing has changed for at least 1 sec.?

So, I've tried to set "Focus Magnification Time" to two secs, but it is almost unusable (at least for my purpuses...); it switch off magnification view after 2 secs. regardless if I'm accessing the view or not... So it seems that there's no way to make the camera works as I'm expecting to!

It seems you want it to permanently display the zoomed-in view while taking multiple shots sometimes with sometimes without changing focus.

Everything including Magnification Time sounds like it's working correctly, this is not available by design presumably to stop people being confused about framing (people might leave it in zoomed in mode permanantly and then complain results are far wider than the screen shows).

I just tried an IR trigger but as expected that also fails to trigger the shutter while zoomed in.

If the Smartphone app doesn't trigger it either, tethering might.

You could take shots without zooming, and review the results within a few seconds via a tablet or tethered PC instead.

Or connect a 1080p TV as a focus monitor via HDMI without zooming since that gives you more detail than the LCD...