Advertisement (gone after registration)

Should probably have checked before joining, but I can't seem to locate the Sony Alpha Forum charter/purpose, rules of engagement, behavior expectations etc.  They're probably somewhere obvious, but it escapes me for now.

I assumed it would be for the friendly sharing of: knowledge on the topic of Sony Alpha, pictures taken with the same, and somewhere to learn about the same.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I would like to power the camera during a timelapse so that batteries don't run out. But when I plug a USB charge cable in to its charge port, the screen automatically goes to the USB file transfer mode, as if I was trying to connect it to a computer to pull off the photos. Is there a way to keep it operating in shoot mode while providing power via the charge port?
    • I am trying to use the Timelapse app on my Sony A6000. It won't let me set an interval more than 60 seconds - is it impossible or am I just missing it?  Also, I can't figure out how to have it save as a movie instead of individual frames - how is that set?  Also it seems to eat my batteries very quickly - no longer than an hour or two of timelapse taking photos every 60 seconds, even though I've got something sitting in front of the viewfinder, to keep the LCD turned off - is that normal?
    • I haven't owned either but from whatever reviews are out there, the 24-105 seems optically much better than the 24-70 Zeiss.
    • They both seem really good lenses. Although the 105 will give me further zoom, i wondered if it was really necessary or would the 70 do the job fine? would also save me a few £££
    • Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Mannequins by Piotr Jasinski, on Flickr Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Guitars by Piotr Jasinski, on Flickr Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Perfumes by Piotr Jasinski, on Flickr