SHUTTER SPEED

Rado

Hy guys,

can you please tell something about this problem (see attachemnt). Mechanical shutter, M shooting...No special setting in the menu. 

And continous pictures are all different. Why?

Thank you

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It is not a problem with the camera but the problem with the light source. I did video recording of an event and had it 1/100 when I should have had it at 1/80  ( phones automatically dail int 1/50 among other settings ). So that being said to solve this problem you have to

the lower the aperture the bigger the ISO and the slower the shutter.   I am thinking about focus infinity

I have shot a dance performance and when certain lights pop up I get rolling band. Why? Because my shutter speed is too fast. The slower the shutter speed the less band because that light has to cross into your photo.

This problem is seen with SILENT SHOOTING MODE with various kinds of light. You literally could take your low-light cheap lamp beside your kids bed and try SILENT SHOOTING v. SHUTTER SHOOTING MODE. Then turn on the MULTIPLE SHOOTING MODE ( instead of single shot )  and try

dialing up the ISO ( 6400 is usually the max before artifacts )   

dialing down the shutter speed to 1/80 or lower

Opening the aperture to 1.0 or 4.3 does help but then you might create the problem of BOK.  You would only open the aperture again to prevent  grain/garbage. Not saying all grain is bad but we want avoid artifacts at all costs.  That being said

Now we would be getting into the art of low-light photography but for a lighted room or flash this would not matter at all.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

It is not a problem with the camera it is a problem with the light source. The light source is all messed up and TOO SLOW

Edited by DanArt