Shutter release button

Sometimes half press of the shutter release button is erratic with my A7R3, focussing is not instantaneous. If I use the back button focus button it is instantaneous. Also when I use a remote. My conclusion is that there is something wrong with the physical shutter release button.  Anybody else had that problem, and if so did you get it fixed? 

Funny you mentioned this. I just got my A7R3 back from SONY Pro Repair. Works great now. The repair is out of Warranty and was around $350. However, since I used AMEX Platinum card for purchase, the warranty was doubled. AMEX credited me the repair charge. Here was the response for repair

Your Sony Pro estimate to repair your Sony ILCE-7R III camera is attached. To address the focus hunting when using the camera shutter button, it is recommended for the RL Block Assembly to be replaced.  Your approval is required to proceed with the repair. Otherwise if you would like to refuse the repair your item will be returned at no charge via Fed EX with adult signature required. Please note your Sony Pro membership discount has been applied.

Replacing RL Block Assembly will resolve the shutter button issue
A COMPLETE REPAIR AND RETURN ALL FUNCTIONS TO FACTORY SPECS.

AUTO FOCUS TEST, CHECK, RECALIBRATION AND REALIGNMENT COMPLETE CLEANING (INTERNAL-EXTERNAL) AND OPTICAL SYSTEM Sony Pro Discount Applied

RL BLOCK ASSEMBLY

Labor: Parts: Shipping: Tax: Other:

Total Estimate:

Deposit amount:

Final Cost:

$347.20 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00

$347.20

$0.00

$347.20