Transferring Sony images to iMac

I am new to Sony, I purchased Sony A7iii recently. I need help/advise about transferring my raw images to my Mac. I am accustom to a Nikon and the software that came on the disc with that camera to transfer images. No disc with the Sony, what program should I use? Can you upload straight to Lightroom? Pleas help me get started in the right direction.

Welcome to Sony! With an SD card reader you can upload directly to Lightroom. The AWR files are readable with the latest Lightroom version. Note that if you take any videos, they may or may not display when you select the SD card - you may need to find the video clips in nested folders within the SD card. I have Lightroom set up to convert the files to .DNG once uploaded so that any image processing software will recognize the files. Enjoy the camera. I love my a7iii.

I have a separate drive for safe-keeping of raw un-edited files although this process of course will work if you choose to use the computers internal drive. I use the Mac's propritary capture software (Image Capture) to pull the files off the SD card and into that drive. From there I'll import them into my photo editing software. With the extremely low cost of drives these days I actually use three. One for the storage of the original raw files. One for the edited photo's (I use Luminar and yes I'm aware Luminar is non-destructive :) ) and a third for backing up the original raw drive. I probably wouldn't have gone to this extreme a few years back but as I mentioned drives are so cheap these days it just gives me piece of mind.