Possible A7RII and A9(Pro FE) Leak?

One of the things I noticed in the initial Zeiss Batis shots was the one shot with the funny 56MP resolution... I've suspected that a Pro body was that much much closer with the emphasis on the pro nature of the Batis lenses last week.

My opinion is that there's two cameras about to be announced in the near future a A7RII and a pro body FE camera (A9/A9R.) There's also the regular A7II images and what I'd assume is actually the A7RII (36MP) since the EXIF is stripped from the image (makes absolutely no sense to strip EXIF from a normal A7R) with appropriate resolutions there. 

I'm sure the image is slightly cropped to taste for presentation. Actually it Sony sticks with the 3:2 ratio for the higher resolution pro body should have a resolution of ~59.5MP (9450x6300.) That would yield about a ~39MP square image if you're into the 1:1 ratio, a ~49MP image if you're into the 4:5 ratio, or ~53MP image if you're into 4:3 aspect ratio... Lot of cropping options with that sort of real estate.

I was thinking, if Sony brings out a new a7r2 with IBIS  and 36mpx sensor, and they implement the same hi resolution trick olympus does with omd that virtually doubles the resolution for stills etc, would that mean it could end up shooting approx 72 mpx possibility [edit]???

p.s. The hi res image from zeiss with batis is probably done with a7m2 with new firmware that does the ibis hi res trick, thats my guess.

Going by the OM-D EM5II HR mode adds 2.5 the base resolution (16MP becomes 40MP) so an HR mode on the A7II should yield ~60MP. If that's the case all of this would make sense except the handheld thing. A7RII would yield ~90MP in HR if that's what's Sony has been up to or if they found a way to implement a handheld HR mode through firmware.

If it is hi rez via IBIS, this whole worry about an

apparent hand-held shot is just puff. At a decent

shutter speed and a rapid frame rate [prolly fully

shutterless], plus a steady hand [wonder if the

IBIS multi-tasks ?] no tripod should be needed.

A posed portrait sitter should likewise be OK. 

To Nelson, haha i knew my estimate was wrong [that is is more than double etc] and was waiting for you to clarify im too lazy to do the proper maths so thanks! If zeiss cropped that photo of the chick slightly would that bring it down to 56 mpx i wonder??

To Golem, i absolutely agree technique is everything, its surprising whats possible with a steady hand.

p.s. i have been wondering lately if anyone thinks turning ibis off would actually give slightly higher resolution or better sharpness, so long as the image is taken carefully etc??

What are your thoughts?

No worries and IBIS does work but I'd imagine that it would be quite a bit harder to keep a camera absolutely steady overhead with a longer lens. Maybe not impossible but more difficult for sure IBIS or not. My money is on a Pro body camera coming though. There was a lot of mention of the "Pro" nature of the Batis lenses and then there are the larger lenses like the 35 Distagon that some are adverse to mounting on the A7/X bodies due to the size of them.