Need the new Laowa 12mm F2.8 Sept 14-25th

firedog

Does anyone have one available, or know where I could get the new Laowa 12mm F2.8 lens for Sony FE? (Using Sony A7RII)

I need one for the duration of Sept 14-25th.

I am a professional photojournalist working as a volunteer photographer at an international conference.

It is an outdoor setting with about 5000 people attending.

Would really like to utilize the wide angle this lens offers...

I could borrow, rent or buy, if renting I have full renter's insurance, will sign whatever documents you require.

I do have a metabones adapter if you happen to have the Canon version, I believe it will work with that.

I live in near Los Angeles, Ca.

thanks,

William

This does not add up. 

You live near LA. There

are more-than-adequate

professional resources

in LA.

Maybe not one of them

offers that EXACT lens.  

But you did say you are

a professional, so you'll

get similar utility out of

whatever is available to

approximate that lens.

Just had a look at a number of review & test

images from your hoped-for 12mm. I do see

some idea of why you hope to use one ;-) 

I can also see why possibly no private owner

would want to rent it out ... the bulbous front

glass that cannot be protected by a filter :-(  

Estimated roll out on this product seems to

suggest that reluctance by owners to rent it

out may be a moot point ... if there's almost

no owners at all, reluctant or otherwise.  

Any buyers who might possibly have already

received one probably have had it for only a

verrrry brief time. 

Anyhoot, RotzaRuk !

Thanks for reply -  I see you recognize the potential of this lens.

Hoping I might find a pre-production model as Venus Optics has not started shipping lenses yet, as far as I know.

My request is a bit of a long shot, but if you don't ask ...you won't get an answer.

Sometimes things work out...

Did you call Venus Optics? Perhaps if you ask there you can get a better answer ... it sounds like you could make a convincing argument for a preproduction loaner.

Did you call Venus Optics? Perhaps if you ask there you

can get a better answer ... it sounds like you could make

a convincing argument for a preproduction loaner.

+1  

When I was browsing the reviews and images, the

recipients of loaner lenses who produced reviews

and images did not strike me a "A-list" photo celebs. 

You really could "offer your services" to help Venus

promote this lens because you have an outstanding

subject that will show its power. I don't know what

your 5000 head outdoor audience in gathering for,

but if your event has broad appeal, if it's of interest

for people outside that closed group of 5000, that's

good reason to lend you a lens. Why not go for it ?

You acknowledge that asking in the forum is a long

shot ... contacting Venus is probably a better bet :-)