Open to Critique

ELM

Hello, I am new the forum and have had my A7ii and 55/f1.8 for about six months. I live in Sierra Leone and these are some of the pics I have taken since I got then. I am happy with the camera and my photos but want to improve and get more out of this wonderful camera. Thanks

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Very nice shots. You have a very good link to the people. They all like you very much.

Nothing particular to improve, keep shooting! :)

Do you have a flickr account? I would like to follow your work.

Seb

Great photos, not much to improve really!

A mere suggestion: since it seems that you like tight portraits, you should consider a longer lens than 55mm   ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I am not too sensitive and can take a kicking if anyone has one to offer.

I have but one lens so far the 55 f/1.8. I would really like to get the Batis 85 f/1.8. I have been told that I have the tendency to loom in at people.

I love these pictures! Did you just walk up to them on the street and ask to take a picture?

Thanks for your comment.

I every case apart from the last picture I asked or the person knew that I was taking the picture. In the last picture of the little girl she shouted "snap me" when she saw the camera - it was at waist height and I just pointed it in her face and did as she said.

Some of the people are friends, some I know, only the old lady was a complete stranger, but she said if she was 20 years younger she would marry me - she is 101.