a7II camera: which zoom lens?

When I had my old Canon FD lens, my favorite for traveling and general walk-around was the 35-105 f/3.5, considered a very good lens at that time.  Now I am going to purchase an a 7 II and am considering two zoom lens:  24-70 f/4 Z and an18-105 f/4 G.  I am eliminating adapters, so just sticking to E mounts at this time. Yes, I know i may be comparing apples to oranges, but from what I have researched, either of these should come close to my old Canon. As best as I can determine, these are the comparisons I found:

24-70: much higher cost $1200 v. 600 (list); high distortion; good chromatic aberration; poor bokeh;  24mp using FF; weight about a pound

18-105:( 28-164 on FF); high distortion; poor chromatic aberration; good bokeh; 10mp lower resolution using FF; weight about a pound

So, aside from the price, and just concentrating on the qualities mentioned  (i will be using it for stills but sometimes may consider video, but rarely) please let me know what lens may be the better of these two and what characteristics have i missed in my research?  At what point in enlargements/cropping will I notice any great difference in the resolution between 10 and 24mp or will it be generally  minimal using the a7II which, if I chose the 18-105, would save money?   Amy advice is greatly appreciated.

Nothing so far makes much sense. It may be helpful

to know WHY you're choosing a 24x36 format, while

also considering a lens intended for 15x23 format ?

Also helpful would be to know what aspects of the

A7M2 are important to your photographic intentions.

Agreed, I don't understand why you would consider a crop lens on a FF body?

Here are a couple of links to discussion on technical aspects of crop mode. Like most I'm sure, I've tried it, not for me, fun for a minute then once you understand what's going on in terms of image resolution and metering, I see no use for it.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3691319#forum-post-53928053

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1342215

Golem,  Thank forr your suggestions.  Since selling my Canon 35mm film collection of lens (6 FD's) and accessories (flashes, extenders, filters, etc.)   I have been using a simple Nikon Coolpix, for travelling, etc. but miss the advantages of a more versatile camera with a variety of lens and experimenting with exposures, speed, filters, etc.

Since this is a new purchase with no existing lens, I decided to skip a generation (mirrored, digital) and go directly to the mirrorless, digital:  size, weight and cost much less that a typical high-end Canon/Nikon, etc.  The sheer bulk of a friend's expensive mirror Canon almost eliminates it for travel and enjoyable walk-around use. I actually started shooting - way back when - with my grandfather's 190? Auto-Graflex 4x5 SLR with knobs for setting focal plane apertures and spring tensions.  Now that one was a pain to carry around, not to mention loading film onto those metal slides in total darkness, just by feel! The size and feel of the a7II is just about the same as my old film Canons.

For my needs and budget, it seems that the a7II would be the best choice for a SLR type.  For lenses, my original thought was to go with the 24-70 f/4 za first and next to get the 70-200 f/4 (possibly at a  later date a 1:1.4 extension).  Prime lens could come later as well as maybe an older manual focus w/adapter.  The only reason I was considering the 18-105 f/4 was for a longer reach initially - using one lens and the price.  Looking at some of the sites sent by Trad, is seemed that the resolution (24mp v. 10+mp) isn't that great a difference as I won't be enlarging to poster size.  The other option is to crop the FF lens to 10mp +/-, but in doing so eliminating some of the edge softness of the 24-70.   

There are always compromises, and using software programs for corrections will be new to me, and looking forward to the fun and challenge which leads me to another question.  Aside for changes using RAW files w/computer applications, I was wondering which Sony application seems to produce better results using JPEG: the Lens Compensation software which comes with the a7II and appears to use fixed corrections (from an internal file of Sony lens???), or the other one that is a $10 download, also from Sony, where the corrections can be more or less controlled - also from a file list of many lens.  If I just want quick/automatic corrections (not using RAW) which, of these two, would be best to use?

Thanks again for all who helped.