A7R II - Strange behaviour in AUTO ISO

Hi people. 

I'm getting a strange behaviour on my A7R II. I am running the latest firmware.

When I am set to AUTO ISO, for some reason, it'll go off that setting and end up at ISO 50 at times. I'd be shooting and notice that the shutter speeds are suddenly very slow as the camera has gone off the AUTO ISO setting. Has anyone had this problem?

I am not sure whether it's a combination of other factors involved. Are any of the Auto Focus or Focus Area settings linked to Auto ISO? 

Thanks for any advice or confirmation if this is indeed a problem affecting others.

Thanks.

ISO 50 is next to AUTO in the ISO settings. Could you be accidentally changing it?

In my A7Rii i have the iso setting mapped to the right press on the wheel at the back, I think that was the default.

It is relatively easy to activate the right press when trying to either press the middle or rotate the wheel, if you are changing anything quickly it is relatively easy to modify the setting a little bit and then accept (the button sequence would be right, right, middle) without realising.

I have not done this with the iso but have noticed a few times when this has happened to me with the exposure adjustment (which i have mapped to the down press). It is relatively easy to get those presses slightly wrong when in a hurry, in the dark, wearing gloves, or when not yet fully used to the camera.

One easy way to test is to change the iso to another button in the custom settings and see if your problem ever happens again, if it does then this was not the answer, if it doesn't then the mystery might be solved.

I have been using the A7Rii since August and have not seen anything like this so this was my only idea what your issue might be.

Hopefully that helps.