HDMI out in Auto Mode

hunt0777

Hey guys. Could somebody tell me if it's possible to use my hdmi out in auto mode, instead of movie mode.

When in movie mode.... no matter how I set the camera settings, I can't get the image quality to look nearly as good as it is in auto mode. 

Please help! 

I really hope this is possible, so I can record on OBS, with a great picture. 

It will make it much easier to give you specific advice if you tell us which camera you are using.

The first HDMI setting is HDMI Resolution, which has an icon for still image playback next to it - can be Auto or a specific resolution - Auto is good here.

The second HDMI setting I have is labelled HDMI Output, with an icon for moves (is that the one you mean?) - it's much more complex, and is intended specifically for using with an external recorder - it has another HDMI Resolution setting, but also controls of things like showing info display (turn that off to record just the movie data), and things like RAW output (only used with recorders that are specifically designed to accept RAW output). There are a bunch of settings in there which I have never used, but if you can be more specific about your problem, perhaps someone else can help?