Manual Focus macro 100mm range

Xterra

Can anyone recommend a great Macro lens for the A7 series? Got to be in the 100mm range give or take a bit. I don't care about AF for macro.

But would prefer to be native E mount! No adapter? Guess I would be stuck to Sony 90mm. With Adapter the Canon looks good but would be larger, heavier and more costly with adapter.

The Sony 90mm looks great BUT is a bit large, heavy and well pricey. Any alternatives w/o AF? (Wish there was a Zeiss Loxia.... 100mm macro..... )

Thanks

have you considered spacer rings (I hope that is the correct translation for Distanzring)? When I switched from Nikon to the A7II, I bought a genuine CONTAX set for about € 40 on EBAY and I use it with my CY 50 and 85mm lenses. I am more pleased by the results than I was with my Nikon 105/2.8 Makro lens. Based on my experience - I can only recommend this route

Check out the Tamron 90mm f/2.5 Macro. (Model 52B or 52BB) It's inexpensive and SHARP. Not too big, either. (55mm filter) The lens is very popular, with many happy users, but they still remain affordable ($30-$150 depending on condition).

It's an "Adaptall" mount, so you can use a wide range of different legacy adaptors or get an Adaptall to E-mount adaptor, which is the cleanest and lightest option. Did I say the lens was sharp? Could be one of the sharpest lenses I've ever owned. Only downside is it's 1:2. Not a true 1:1 macro, but you can still find the original 1:1 extension, which brings it out to a true 1:1 macro.

Well allot of great answers, but the best macro is the Tokina Macro sharp and super contrast and the best bokeh. They are not cheap when found used but there are many reviews about them.

Thanks to the many suggestions all of them are a great macros.

I think if cost is the main factor then choose the best deal and you can get cheap E-Mount adapters on Ebay.

Christopher

Go back and look at the reviews for the Sony 90mm Macro ... thats the best choice regardless of all else. I am shooting with one in Indonesia... superb and worth every penny. I am using this for stills and video. For a 90mm Macro it's weight is average - no such thing as a light one.

My copy of the nikon ais 105mm f/2,8 is super sharp and easily exceeds the resolution of the a7ii. I've not yet tried it on the a7rii but am renting that body now and will try before I return it.

Of various legacy lenses I've tried, this nikon micro is my favorite. Tripod collar on the simple MF metabones adapter helps the balance, but it is a big, heavy kit, especially with an extension tube needed to get beyond 1:2.

I'm also renting the FE 90/2.8 macro and wow, it may be the next lens I purchase.