Pancake lens

When I look at my (15) lenses I actually miss a really small and sharp pancake lens for FE / E-Mount.   I am dreamng of a FF lens with 24 mm focal length.

In FF it would be already a real wide angle lens, in APS-C a useful 36mm lens!

The light intensity should be limited in favor of length and weight to f 4.0 or even f 5.6.

An image stabilizer would also be dispensable in favor of size and weight.

If such a lens would then still have a ZEISS-label, I'd be happy.

The existing Sony Lens E 2,8 / 20 mm I have tried. I am not convinced about the results, on APS-C cameras the focal length of 30 mm is unfortunatly and is not useful on FF.

What do you think?

A 40mm Zeiss pancake would be nice, f2.8 or f4.0, but somehow I think a Sony lens would be more likely ... well ... I guess a 40mm Batis is more likely? However 24mm is also interesting, since that is the iPhone focal length I guess it would be popular.

i have the minolta m-rokkor/summicron 40mm F2, it is very small like a pancake lens

has F2, a beautiful rendering and is sharp from corner to corner

it is my favorite lens on the A7

but manual....for me the best lens i have ever used

the m-rokkor is a bit better than the leica because of better coating (flare)

highly recommended!

I have extensively engaged in by "optical modula" announced "CM33 pancake lens".
It does not correspond completely to what I imagine and for the following reasons:

1. For a pancake-lens it is too long. I need (for such a lens) neither a macro-
function nor the luminous intensity of f 2.0. F 4,0 or 5,6 wil be sufficient.

2. The focal length of 33 mm is too long for me, as I said 24 mm would be ideal.

3. The measures provided 'mods' for influencing the image results are superfluous. Such effects may
I achieve with any Sony Camera via the built-in functions (Creative Mode or Picture Effect). If
that´s not enough I can alienate every picture with my image editing program on pc.

4. A pancake lens how I imagine must have autofocus-function.

It's very difficult to build a wide angle lens of 24mm, that's physically very short, for the Sony digital sensors. The reason is that wide angle designs with a very small distance from the rear element to the image sensor will result in the light hitting the corners of the sensor at very oblique angles. As CMOS photosites vary in sensitivity with respect to angle and wavelength, you will get purple colour shifting in the edges and corners.

The Voigtlaender Color Skopar 25mm f/4 for M mount is almost exactly what you describe in terms of focal length, size, and aperture (minus autofocus). But it too suffers from purple color shifting, so you will need to use the "CornerFix" software to correct this.

The Sony Sonnar T* FE 35mm f/2.8 ZA Lens is about as pancakey as you are going to get. Any wider, and you would need longer retrofocus designs like the Zeiss Loxia 21mm (which is still very compact, mind you).