Accidentally reviewing images

Hi.

How am I accidentally getting into image playback mode?

i just got a new A7ii and am playing around with settings and taking pictures etc. Other than simply playing with my new toy, I'm trying to find any dealbreakers - problems that mean i wont enjoy my new camera. 

It's great but when I take a picture it often seems to show me saved pictures. It's as if I'd accidentally pressed the 'play' button to review previous images but I haven't.

I've tried to recreate the problem to work out what I'm doing when it happens and one of possibly a few reasons is that once i take a picture, it auto-reviews the picture I just took. Fine. I like that and am happy. But I may then want to change my shutter speed or aperture which seems to start scrolling me through all the previous pictures. 

It may be that I'm scrolling through the pictures following the auto-review but I don't want to do that (why would I). I don't really want to turn off the auto review as i find it useful but how do i stop reviewing my old pictures. I just want to get on with the next picture after a short auto-review.

It's also possible that this isn't the cause but if there's anything I can do to not find myself in the playback mode, I'd be very grateful. 

thank you

I think you are pressing the back panel dial during auto-review - that will take you into previous images. Simplest way to avoid that is to half press the shutter - instant return to shooting mode.

I've turned off auto-review because I often what to shoot a second or third image of my subject, and the auto-review gets in my way. For me, it's easier to press the image review button than to exist auto-review. YMMV.

Thank you F.

I’m getting there with it and might end up turning off the auto review or maybe just be patient. The problem is that i take a picture, see the auto review and realise i need to change shutter or aperture and immediately roll the dial to change the exposure but end up with an old picture. Half press should sort it so thank you

Sarah