Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM compatible with sony E?

blong

Hello,

I have an alpha 7 body and I got this lenses. Seller said its for "minolta/sony", and rear cap is marked as Sony. But there's no other info available nor in the instruction page or sigma website.

Will like to know if there's an adaptor available to use with the Alpha 7. There's a very expensive adaptor to use sony A mounted lenses with E mont bodies but I will like to confirm if this lens its actually a "classic" SLR Sony mounted and it that means its an A mount too (sorry but I get lost with all this variations).

I hope you guys will give me a hint in this.

Sony camera use an a-mount or an e-mount.  I assume you tried to put this lens on your camera, and it won't fit.  That means it's an a-mount.  You can use it on your camera, but you'll need an adapter.  What adapter you can use -- there are probably more than one -- depends on the features of your camera and the features of your lens.

Some adapters won't work at all, some adapters might work -- but not provide all the features of your camera or lens -- and others might provide all the features of both.

I don't know enough about your camera or that lens to list all your options, but I'd suggest you take the time to figure out what a-mount-to-e-mount adapters are usable (they are not all made by Sony) and not simply buy the first one that comes along and says "it will work".

Others on this FORUM will, no doubt be more familiar with your situation.

Another option, since an adapter might be very expensive, and your macro lens is very valuable, is to sell your lens, and buy a comparable macro lens with an e-mount.

17 hours ago, XKAES said:

Another option, since an adapter might be very expensive, and your macro lens is very valuable, is to sell your lens, and buy a comparable macro lens with an e-mount.

I'd go with this option. For the price of a fully functional adapter you can get a decent second-hand macro lens for e-mount. Adapting lenses always comes with some drawbacks.

5 hours ago, Springfield-Photo said:

As far as I know the only adapter that will give you full functionality would be the Sony LA-EA5 Adapter.

Careful with that claim: OP didn't mention which A7-series camera he/she has. The LA-EA5 only works well on the newest generation cameras. It is not supported by older models, on which you should likely use an LA-EA4 for best results.