20140226_night_sunrise_sony_a65_ULTRA_HD

Why the name “60 Minutes”? About 1 Month ago. I looked out of the window of my home-office and saw that the Venus brightly glowing  above the Moon. So I grabbed my camera and tripod and started taking some images. After some minutes I decided to create a panoramic image to show the whole spectrum. So I positioned all and started shooting. Again after some time I realized that the sky was changing constantly in such rich colors. So I kept on for a about 1 hour. At the end I wanted to merge all the experience into one image. Therefore the name “60 Minutes“.

If you want to know more about my worklflow, please visit my blogpost. Thanks!

http://www.msphotomaniac.com/2014/04/60-minutes/

Software used

6 Panoramas - 3 Exposures each / Lightroom / Photoshop / Photomatix

Equipment used

Sony A65

Manual

Focal Lenght: 18mm

Shutterspeed : 1/8

Aperture: f8

ISO: 100

Excellent photo!

Interesting idea to merge the 6 panoramas taken in an hour into one photo, it is very well done. I only became aware of it once I read your nicely written blog.

Just one question: Did you keep the exposure constant over the hour, or did you go with whatever your camera considered the correct one (or more probable, the one you determined as correct) ?

Beautiful shot !

Thank you Apollwnios!!

lots of pretty

Thanks IVAN !

Excellent photo!

Interesting idea to merge the 6 panoramas taken in an hour into one photo, it is very well done. I only became aware of it once I read your nicely written blog.

Just one question: Did you keep the exposure constant over the hour, or did you go with whatever your camera considered the correct one (or more probable, the one you determined as correct) ?

Thanks Moody. Happy you like it. 

What I did was set my camera to Manual and change the exposure by changing the shutter speed. So for each of those 6 Panoramas I shoot 3 different exposures. I need to look them up if you want the exact shutter speeds I used.

I could have just used the bracketing function of my camera but it just supports up to 0.7 stops which is ridiculous. So I did this completely manually. Which at the end made it easier for me to select those images to create the panoramas and afterwards create out of each panorama an individual HDR which I at the end blended in Photoshop.