Smart Remote Control - how to focus from iPhone?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered...tried to search first.

I have a Sony a7rii with latest Ver 1.10 firmware.  Have also just upgraded the Smart Remote App to the latest Ver 3.30 which added ability to control ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and exposure compensation.

My simple but frustrating question is how do I focus the camera while using the app?  I read that touching the screen on the iPhone was supposed to focus but that doesn't do anything.  The focus buttons on the camera seem to be disabled too.

Same problem while experimenting with the new beta touchless shutter app -- how to focus?  Totally confused.  

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks for answering guys.

I've tried numerous focus settings including flexible spot, center, zone, etc. I do have the back button AF programmed using the AEL button so that it's separate from the shutter release.

** Edit:  I may have just found the smoking gun.  Found this at briansmith.com:  PLEASE NOTE that in order to select the focus point using the Smart Remote Control app, you must turn AF w/shutter back ON. *

Full description here:  http://briansmith.com/setting-back-button-af-on-sony-a7-series-cameras/

Will try that tonight when I'm back with my camera.