A7IV hotshoe tinier than normal, what solutions for flash?

I can confirm by first experience that the hotshoe of the A7IV, for whatever reason, is a little tinier than normal ones. I screwed the hotshoe inserting a generic trigger.The shp where I bought the camera confirmed me that a lot of people are having this issue, and choose to put a godox XT1 on the hotshoe and leave there, because as soon as you put in, it will never get out. And on that they mount other flashes like godox. I am not happy with that solution.

I would like to know if I mount a Sony ADP-MAA on the hotshoe of the A7IV, I will be able to remove safely once finished the job. And I would like to know if on this adapter I could mount some Godox flash like V1, with TTL and HSS working properly.

I want to avoid spending 650 euros for FVL-RM60. In the future maybe, but now I am looking for a more affordable solution.

IIf someone aknoledging this problem, has a solution, would be great to know.

Thank you very much!

Roberto

Could it be the other way around?  Instead of the hotshoe being smaller on your A7IV, the flash foot is slightly larger than it should be?  If the hotshoe is indeed smaller than it should be, you should contact Sony Service to get them to replace the defective hotshoe but if the foot on the flashes are larger than it should be then you will need to get in touch with the flash manufacturer. 

If you are looking for a do-it- yourself solution, get yourself a digital caliper and take measurements of the flash foot and the camera's hotshoe.  Once you have the measurements, you can decide which need to be modified, the flash foot or the hotshoe.  Get a set of needle files and carefully work on either the camera or the flash, frequently checking the measurements so as to prevent removing too much material, which could make the fit sloppy.