How browse the custom folders?

The obvious answer is to stop doing that. Once you rename a folder the camera has no longer has a record of creating such a folder and will not recognize one as legitimate that falls outside its inherent naming convention.

All is not lost, however, if you change the name back to the one the camera created, say, 11421223 from whatever you named it and you'll be able to scroll through them once again in the camera.

If you're on Mac you can use the TAGS feature that adds data that won't confuse the camera, allowing you to scroll in camera AND to identify what's lurking in a particular folder when on the computer.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I can't see why that would be obvious. Actually having to understand the machine given names isn't that obvious for human beings at all.
But thanks, it is good to know there isn't a proper way to do so. And no we are not using apple.
I guess it is one of the many flaws of Sony 7r2.

8 minutes ago, sister Ray said:

I can't see why that would be obvious. Actually having to understand the machine given names isn't that obvious for human beings at all.
But thanks, it is good to know there isn't a proper way to do so. And no we are not using apple.
I guess it is one of the many flaws of Sony 7r2.

I don‘t think it is a Sony specific „flaw“, it‘s just that the engineers of camera manufacturers didn‘t think that this would be a way customers are accessing their images. They thought of two ways:

Customers leaving their images on the card to replay on camera OR
customers transferring their images to the computer and replay it there on the monitor or then from there to an USB device or similar to view on the TV or a projector or print them out.
They didn‘t think of someone wanting to rename the folders on the PC and then wanting to replay images from these folders on the camera.
They don‘t like customers to tinker at the PC with what is on the card in any shape or form, also deleting files after transfer can lead to errors - it‘s safest to format the card in the camera when you want to erase images.

That‘s why I also wouldn‘t have thought of it this way, but once you read it it doesn‘t seem to be an outlandish thing to expect from the camera.