Sensefull change from A57 to A77 II?

Whisky

Hi there!

I have a good chance to sell my A57 Body to friends, what givs me the chance to advance to another camera.

I have 3 extra lenses, so I would still like to use them.

My question: Does it make sense, to upgrade from A57 to A77 II? The difference will be about 550€, but i change a 3 year old to a brand new one.

Can I use all my "old" lenses? Which advantages do I have over the A57?

Please give me an answer.

Greets, Philip from Germany

Hi Whisky!

Es macht absolut Sinn, von der A57 auf die A77II umzusteigen. Ich bin vor einem Jahr von der A77 umgestiegen und habe es nicht bereut. Z.B. funktioniert mit der A77II sogar der Autofokus an meinem "alten" Minolta RF (Spiegeltele) 8,0/500 mm!

Gegenüber einer A57 hat die A77II:

- einen schnelleren und präziseren Autofokus (15 zu 79 Sensoren)

- bessere Bedienbarkeit (z.B. ist das Moduswahlrad gegen versehentliches Verstellen gesperrt),

- aufgrund des technischen Fortschritts einen besseren Sucher (Auflösung 800×600 zu 1024×768 px).

Nachteile sind der höhere Preis und das etwas höhere Gewicht (618g zu 647g).

Ich weiß nicht, welche Objektive Du hast. Wenn sie aber an der A57 funktioniert haben werden sie auch an der A77II funktionieren.

Wo in Deutschland wohnst Du?

Grüße aus Göttingen!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It makes perfect sense to switch from the A57 onto the A77II. I changed a year ago from the A77 and did not regret it. For example, works with the A77II even the autofocus on my "old" Minolta RF (Mirror Tele) 8.0 / 500 mm!

Compared to a A57 the A77II has:

- A faster, more accurate autofocus (15 to 79 sensors),
- better usability (eg the mode dial is locked against inadvertent adjustments),
- due to technological progress a better viewfinder (resolution 800 × 600 to 1024 × 768 px).

Disadvantages are the higher price and the somewhat higher weight (618g to 647g).

I do not know what lenses you have. If they work on the A57, they will also work at the A77II.

Where in Germany do you live?

Greetings from Göttingen!

Vielen Dank für die schnelle und hilfreiche Antwort!

Ich denke, dann werde ich umsteigen. Die 2 neuen Jahre Garantie darf man auch nicht vergessen. Wie schnell hat man ein paar hundert Euro Reparatur, falls mal was dran ist?!

Auf chip.de wird im Test die Detailtreue bei verschiedenen ISO-Werten untersucht. Da liegt die A57 immer bei über 90% und die A77 II zwischen 30 und 70%. Wie kann das sein?

Ich komme aus der Nähe von Bonn!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your fast und usefull response!

Now, I think, I will upgrade. You should also not forget the two years of extra warranty. If there is something wrong, you will early pay some hundreds.

There is a comparison in "detailed-truth" at different ISO-Stats (I really dont know the technical term ^^) on chip.de, which quiet confused me. The A57 has truth-percentage between 90 and 99% and the A77 II has them only between 30 and 70%. How is that possible and how should I interpret this?

I live next to Bonn/Cologne.

Danke für die Rückmeldung.

Ich habe die Bewertungen der beiden (und anderer) Kameras bei Chip.de auch gelesen. Ich kann mir nur erklären, dass der größere Sensor der A77II (16 MP zu 24 MP) hier zu einem unterschiedlichen (nicht falschen!) Testergebnis beiträgt.

Die A77II ist mit ihrem Sensor (wie auch schon die A77) recht anspruchsvoll bezogen auf die verwendeten Objektive! Eher unterdurchschnittliche Objektive sind von der Leistung her, die der Sensor liefert, schlicht überfordert. Man kann das aber abstellen, indem man bei solchen Objektiven im Menü (Menüpunkt I/1) die Bildgröße auf 12 MP reduziert.

Ich verwende an meiner A77II eigentlich nur zwei Objektive:

- das Sony AF 2,8/16-50 mm (für Straßenfotografie und Events und

- das Sons AF 4,5-5,6/55-300 mm (für Tiere und Sport).

Die negativen Testergebnisse in Bezug auf "Detailtreue" von Chip.de sind mir bislang nicht aufgefallen. Ich füge mal zwei Bilder bei, die mir jüngst mit der A77II und dem Telezoom im Zoo von Hannover gelungen sind. Für das Internet mußte ich die Bildgröße reduzieren (jew. auf unter 300 KB). Im Original haben die Bilder eine Größe von 17 bzw.17,5 MB!

Vielleicht erleichtert das Deine Entscheidung?!

Wäre schön, wenn wir in Verbindung blieben und so weit in Göttingen von Bonn auch nicht entfernt!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback.

I read the reviews of the two (and other) cameras at Chip.de read. I can only explain that the larger the sensor A77II contributes (16 MP to 24 MP) here at a different (not wrong!) Test result to me.

The A77II is with its sensor (as already the A77) quite demanding with respect to the objectives used! Below average lenses are simply overwhelmed by the performance point that provides the sensor. You can park but which, by when such lenses in the menu (menu item I / 1) reducing the image size to 12 MP.

I'm using on my A77II really only two lenses:

- Sony AF 2,8 / 16-50 mm (for street photography and events

- The Sons AF 4.5-5.6 / 55-300 mm (for animals and sports).

The negative test results in terms of "detail" of Chip.de have not yet noticed. I add times when two images, which are to me recently succeeded with A77II and the Tele Zoom at the zoo of Hanover. For the internet I had to reduce the image size (jew. To below 300 KB). In the original, the images have a size of 17 MB bzw.17,5!

Perhaps the easier your decision ?!

Would be nice if we kept in touch and so far not even walk in Göttingen of Bonn!

(Automatic translation).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!