I cannot connect my Sony A7SIII with my Zhiyun Crane 3s Pro. Help!

Ultimately I'm trying to connect and sync the A7SIII with the Zhiyun Crane 3s Pro. I found the "PC Remote" function in the Network > Transfer Remote section. I turned it on. There is a "PC Remote Connect Method" I chose "USB". But the Sony won't recognize the Type-C to Multi USB Cable that is meant for the A7S3 and the Zhiyun. It says it's the wrong cable but it's not. Also, in the other part of the Sony menu - "Set Up > USB", there is only "Auto", "Mass Storage", and "MTP". USB indicates "off" because "PC Remote" was turned on in the Network section of the menu. Okay. Fine. So I went back to "Set Up > USB", there is a "USB LUN" setting for either "Multi" or "Single". I don't know what it means so I picked "Multi". The last is "USB Power Supply". That is turned off. To experiment, I shut off PC remote. Then I plugged in the Type-C to Multi USB cable. Then it says, "Check the connected device. Power supply capable only through USB Type-C port." So I changed the USB power supply to "off" and turned the PC Remote back on but no luck. Also, on the Zhiyun menu camera selection, shows a specific choice for "Sony" and "Sony A7S3". I chose "Sony A7S3" of course and it gave me a nice check mark but that's about it. Grrr... What to do? Can anyone help? By the way, the A7S3 is on the Zhiyun compatibility list. And all my firmware has been updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t know if this will help but I got the Weebill s and was having similar problems the instructions said use the multi cable but it would not work my A7s3 was set to pc control and the gimbal set to Sony with no luck.  In the end I updated the firmware on the gimbal used the usb c cable and selected Sony usb which appeared after the firmware update now everything works iso aperture etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 5:22 AM, Ossie said:

Don’t know if this will help but I got the Weebill s and was having similar problems the instructions said use the multi cable but it would not work my A7s3 was set to pc control and the gimbal set to Sony with no luck.  In the end I updated the firmware on the gimbal used the usb c cable and selected Sony usb which appeared after the firmware update now everything works iso aperture etc.

Thanks! I'll give it a try. I had updated the firmware previously on the Crane 3s but it would work. What are your A7S3 settings on USB?

On 6/27/2021 at 5:22 AM, Ossie said:

Thank heavens I'm not the only one. I thought I was a single cry in the wilderness. I've posted everywhere but no one would even respond! Let's hop we can solve it Ossie!

On 7/6/2021 at 8:56 PM, Ossie said:

Pc remote control On

Pc remote control method USB

in the usb setting on the bottom sometimes comes up with USB cable not recognised but it still works

good luck 
Dave.

I'll give it a try. Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 7/6/2021 at 7:56 PM, Ossie said:

Pc remote control On

Pc remote control method USB

in the usb setting on the bottom sometimes comes up with USB cable not recognised but it still works

good luck 
Dave.

Dave THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I had the issue of not being able to connect, getting the message that power can only be transmitted through the USB C port. I couldn’t find any answers online until now and this solved it for me!! Thank you!!

• 3 months later...

So this has been my solution.

Connect the USB C camera control port to USB B port on the camera with the cable supplied by Zhiyun.

Works with fx30 and fx3 models as well.

Turn on the crane 1st then turn on the camera. Turn on PC control option on the camera.

Using the ZY play app go into settings select camera and choose the sony-usb option.

Hope this helps.