A7Rii and Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC Lens

PhilC

I am looking at getting an ultra wide to go with my A7Rii and thinking about the Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC Lens

Now I could go for the Sony mount model or Nikon fit. I am feeling it is best to go for a Nikon mount for future flexibility. If so, can anyone recommend which adapter I should get?

Also Anyone any feedback on this lens as well when used on the A7Rii ? I know quality is varied, so will need to check for decentralised focus.

Thanks

Phil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't say about the quality on A7Rii but I vote for the Nikon mount. All the Samyang I've got have F mount, which allows me to use tilt adapter on E mount cameras and I would be able to use this lens on many other camera bodies. With my A7ii, either Fotga or Big_is adapter works really well.

From what I can tell the native mount is just an adapter built on the lens, so no smaller, etc.

I am thinking now about getting a Cannon fit and get a Vizelex ND Throttle Lens Mount Adapter which will enable using ND filters on the 14mm - which gets round the filter problem with the 14mm.

Anyone any experience with this setup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk