Corrupt 120 fps files from A7S III using ProGrade V90 cards when using XAVC-S/HS

I just got an A7S III and can't get reliable recording to 120 fps.  I get corrupt frames in the files, both in S&Q mode and in standard mode dropped to 29.97 fps in Adobe Premiere.  I've tried both XAVC-S and XAVC-HS and the behavior is the same.  I'm using the 280 Mbps bit rate for the standard file and 140 Mbps bit rate for the S&Q file.

I have tried two different ProGrade V90 SD cards and the behavior is the same on both: probably 20% of the clips have at least one corrupt frame where part or all of the frame is from a different time in the clip (usually later).  Sony claims that V90 works for all the 120 fps modes except all I (which I'm not using).

Is this a known limitation of V90 cards?  Or is my camera defective?

Thanks,

rgames

Wich cards?

I am using a "Kingston MLPR2/256GB (256GB SDXC React Plus SDR2)" rated as V90 with up to 300 MB/s (read) and 260 MB/s (write) speed.

My test recordings on the Sony A1 at 8K with 400 Mbps and 4K 120p All-I (600 Mbps) were OK so far.

I know, this does not really answer your question and still leaves the cards or the camera in question...

But perhaps others can comment on your cards, when you give more details.

1 hour ago, 3D-Kraft said:

Wich cards?

I am using a "Kingston MLPR2/256GB (256GB SDXC React Plus SDR2)" rated as V90 with up to 300 MB/s (read) and 260 MB/s (write) speed.

My test recordings on the Sony A1 at 8K with 400 Mbps and 4K 120p All-I (600 Mbps) were OK so far.

I know, this does not really answer your question and still leaves the cards or the camera in question...

But perhaps others can comment on your cards, when you give more details.

As I said above, I'm using ProGrade V90 cards.  They're 64 GB with 300 MB/s read and 250 MB/s write.

Does that info provide additional insight into what's going on?  Do some ProGrade cards work and some do not?

Thanks,

rgames