A6500 video glitch

Hi guys! I'm having this glitch issue with my A6500. I never know when it will happen. For example the last time it happen was last year and today I had this issue again.

Some informations:
This glitch happens with 4k and 1080.
I'm using SanDisk card Extreme Pro 170mb/s
Happens multiple times during the clip.
I used almost everyday since the last time it happened and only today that the issue came back.
I'm using a modified version of PP1. I didn't tryied to switch Picture Profile.
Last version of Firmware.

What could be?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this same issue and havent found any solution online untill now. Sad to see that nobody has replied here either. I was also searching for the solution and stumbled upon this post of yours.

Please let me know if you have found the solution elsewhere.

Cheers!

On 3/31/2020 at 9:46 AM, caiov1n1c1us said:

Hi guys! I'm having this glitch issue with my A6500. I never know when it will happen. For example the last time it happen was last year and today I had this issue again.

Some informations:
I used almost everyday since the last time it happened and only today that the issue came back.

What could be?

It's an error in the data stream. We need to find out where the failure occurred. In the camera itself or when writing to the SD drive.

Please upload this video to the cloud storage.

I have the same problem with my A7III:

I recently bought a new SDXCii v90 card with 300mb of recording time and the problem shown in the video still happens. I've done a lot of research and I can't find any reference to the problem anywhere. One detail is that if I record with a proxy, the 4k video gives the error, but the proxy does not. So it's not a capture error, it seems to be a recording error. What can this be?

Edited by NettoNunes

On 5/4/2020 at 7:17 PM, NettoNunes said:

I have the same problem with my A7III:

I recently bought a new SDXCii v90 card with 300mb of recording time and the problem shown in the video still happens. I've done a lot of research and I can't find any reference to the problem anywhere. One detail is that if I record with a proxy, the 4k video gives the error, but the proxy does not. So it's not a capture error, it seems to be a recording error. What can this be?

Hello! Can you upload this fragment to cloud storage?

On 5/8/2020 at 6:03 AM, Makeev said:

Hello! Can you upload this fragment to cloud storage?

I don't have this vídeo anymore. But i upload another video with the same issue.

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s7q8BDdzGWwziiUwz0nMLou5pGO1TgTn/view?usp=sharing

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

26 minutes ago, NettoNunes said:

I don't have this vídeo anymore. But i upload another video with the same issue.

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s7q8BDdzGWwziiUwz0nMLou5pGO1TgTn/view?usp=sharing

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi! It's just png. There's nothing I can do about it. I need a native mp4 from the camera containing all the metadata.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 11:40 PM, NettoNunes said:

Hi Makeev, any idea? I don't find any solution yet :(

I tried all the editing programs and converters to try to cure already broken files. I tried the native Sony Catalyst Browse software. It was unsuccessful.

I still can't say for sure if it's the camera or the flash drive. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/31/2020 at 11:46 AM, caiov1n1c1us said:

Some informations:

What could be?

I'm also having same problem in Sony a6400 anyone know any solution?

Sorry guys! I never received any notification about this topic in my email. Thanks to Muhammad who sent me a direct message and so I was notified by email.

I'm sad to know that I couldn't help people who had the same problem as me.

But I managed to solve the problem!

Actually the problem wasn't my camera and it was actually my external HD.

I was transferring the files directly to my external HD and not to my computer.
I started to transfer the files directly to the computer instead of the external HD and problem solved.

In your case it could be the card reader, the external HD or even the internal HD.

2 hours ago, caiov1n1c1us said:

Sorry guys! I never received any notification about this topic in my email. Thanks to Muhammad who sent me a direct message and so I was notified by email.

I'm sad to know that I couldn't help people who had the same problem as me.

But I managed to solve the problem!

Actually the problem wasn't my camera and it was actually my external HD.

I was transferring the files directly to my external HD and not to my computer.
I started to transfer the files directly to the computer instead of the external HD and problem solved.

In your case it could be the card reader, the external HD or even the internal HD.

It is cheaper to replace the external HDD. It's a good thing that happened that way.