Sign in to follow this  
Glosgas

Sunspots AR2740 & AR2740

Here's a picture I tool this afternoon of Sunspots AR2740 & AR2740 using my Sony ILCE-7RM2 and FE 100-400 f/4.5-f/5.6 GM OSS.

The lens was zoomed to 400mm and the camera setting 1/2000s at f/8.

I use a Thousand Oaks solar filter to cut down the brightness of the sun.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• At the risk of sounding flippant, if you're serious about producing good quality prints on good quality paper you will have to spend serious money. Such printers offer 8 to 10 large capacity ink cartridges with the ability to handle a variety of paper sizes and thicknesses such as Epson Sure Color P600 or P800, Canon Pixma Pro 100s, etc. Buying a consumer grade printer will save money but limits output quality and use of better (think thicker) fine art papers. I use an Epson P800 and a
    • Good evening to all and good rest of summer! A walk with my moto Tenere midweek on its beaches Vourvourous of Halkidiki at Greece. Awesome waters and worth going for those who have not gone. Maybe the karidi has the 'name' like THE beach of the area but personally Fava at (1:30 minutes) withered more, not of course that the karidi was ugly! here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnkED5wC8kA
    • Thanks Chrissie, yes this stuff can wait, asthma attack and pretty darn serious.  I had a long time friend pass away a couple months ago from it.  Last week I did decide to order a hood to try it.   Although I have not tested it extensively, it is working well with no errors  Can't wait to be better and take it for a spin.  Take care.  
    • Welcome to our forum! I'm not sure I understand your question. Generally, there are two possible photo formats - uncompressed (raw or RAW) or compressed (JPEG). RAW gives you the best quality, but it comes with bigger files and you have to "develop" the photos with a software for RAW editing. JPEG files are compressed lossy and come with smaller file sizes. Additionally, they store special colour settings  configured in the camera (e.g. black and white) which RAW doesn't, since the RAW data
    • I have a Sony a77ii with multiple lenses.  I have been taking pictures since I was 10 with my first camera KODAK 127.  I took 10,000 photos while in nam so I have a pretty good understanding of photography but am still looking to learn more.  I have been a digital user for about 7 years and am just now getting to feel like I starting to understand some things. I have some questions if there is someone out there who can help me.  I would like to know in the "QUALITY" section of my menu,
  • Topics