Can someone please help me out here, i have the Sony a7iii and want the sigma 18-35mm 1.8 ART lens but which fit do I get? The canon or Sony fit? I know I have to get the mc-11 adapter so which adapter do I need? Am I right in thinking that if I get the Sony fit, I will need the mc-11 adapter for a sigma bayonet lens is that right? Soooo confused?!

The MC-11 adapter converts lenses with a Canon EF-mount to Sony E-mount. If you get the Sony-version, it'll come with an A-mount. For that you'll need the Sony LA-EA3 or LA-EA4. Autofocus performance and general functionality will be better with the Canon version plus MC-11, as this combination is supported by Sigma.

Do keep in mind that the 18-35 f/1.8 is an APS-C lens. You might want to consider the fullframe 24-35 f/2 instead on your A7iii.

Adapted lenses always disappoint. The focusing is almost always less fast than with native lenses. Better go for the sony 16-35 f/4 or if money is no issue go for the 16-35 f/2.8 

f/1.8 is nice , but depth of field is so narrow that in real life you will use f/2.8  or f/4 anyway. 

Both sony lenses are full frame and fit your camera perfectly. 

Edited by Lescatalpas